Archives Specialist B Louisiana State Archives January 2017 to present
Archives Specialist A Louisiana State Archives October 2015 to December 2016
- Locate and fill request for materials made by the general public as well as other state agencies. Materials include: legislative calendars, pardons, maps, and process verbal.
- Rehouse collections for long term storage.
- Process archival collections and create a DACS compliant finding aid as well as create a container list for each collection.
- Inventory collection in order to have intellectual control over the materials.
Intern National World War II Museum January 2013 to September 2015
- Digitized photographs, photographic negatives, and archival collections, carrying out post-imaging work, and attaching the media record within the Museum’s collection management system, KE Emu Electronic Museum Version 4.2.
- Assisted with the packaging and placement of 300 reels of cinema film for cold storage.
- Assigned accession numbers to artifacts (such as cufflinks, medals, ribbons) and photographs from the Museum’s permanent collection.
- Searched for accessioned items from the collection.
- Processed and described letters written by soldiers as well as created a DACS compliant finding aid for each collection.
- Prepared artifacts, wartime letters, and photographs for long term storage
- Assisted with the monitoring of the temperature and relative humidity in the exhibit galleries as well as in the vaults.
- Prepared general condition reports for artifacts (medals, wood samples, comic book, badge).
- Assisted with the removal of artifacts from display cases in the exhibit gallery.
Intern Louisiana State Museum (Old US Mint) August 2011 to September 2015
- Designed, developed and implemented a master inventory for over 10,000 books and periodicals. This inventory provided the Louisiana State Museum with intellectual control over the materials
- Shifted and reorganized the collection using Library of Congress Subject Headings. The reorganization was done in order to make room for future donations and acquisitions.
Professional Development Activities
- “Accessible Archives and Special Collections,” Society of American Archivists. Atlanta, Georgia, August 2016.
“Should Archivist Continue to Do Continuing Education,” Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 2016.
- “How to get new archivist involved in archival organizations,” Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives/New England Archivist Conference. Boston, Massachusetts, March 2015.
- “Conference and Education Platforms Task Force.” New England Archivist Task Force. July 2015-
- Steering Committee. Government Records Section. Society of American Archivist. July 2015-
- Scholarship Committee. Louisiana Archive and Manuscript Association. February 2016-
- Review applications and make recommendations regards to awarding continuing education scholarships.
- Website and Media Coordinator. REPS Roundtable. New England Archivist. April 2016- March 2017
- Manage and create content for the Roundtable’s website, Twitter account, and Facebook account.
- Write post for the Roundtable’s Blog.
Master of Library and Information Science- Archival Management December 2013
Louisiana State University
Bachelor of Business- Accounting December 2006
Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Products, Notepad, Adobe Photoshop, and oXygen XML Editor
- Proficient in the use of EPSON Expression 1000XL and 11000XL Flatbed scanner
- Competent with a wide range of coding languages including HTML, CSS, and XML
- Familiar with metadata schemas including DACS, EAD, EAC, ISAD(G), MODS, MAD, METS, PREMIS, and Dublin Core
- Familiar with Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH)
- Familiar with the KE-Emu and Eloquent collection management system
- Louisiana Archives and Manuscripts Association (LAMA)
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARC)
- New England Archivist (NEA)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Society of Southwest Archivists (SSA)